By month: September 2011

The One Best Way to Claim a Home-Office Tax Deduction for the Owner of a Corporation

How does the owner of a corporation claim a tax deduction for an office in the home? Rental is not the best method. Deducting employee business expenses as miscellaneous itemized deductions is not the best method. The best method is to use an accountable plan, as you will learn in this article.

Find New Tax Deductions with Two-Car Tax Strategies

Learn the basics of the two-car tax-deduction strategy and then, best of all, use the magic formula calculator to see if you increase or decrease your tax deductions with this strategy.

Tax-Deductible Business Expansion Beats Capitalization

Tax-deductible business expansion beats both capitalization and start-up expense classification. Capitalization basically means no tax deduction until you get out of the business. Start up means you can deduct up to $5,000 and then must amortize the remaining start-up expenses over 15 years.

Is the New IRS Mileage Rate a Rip-Off or Does It Improve Your Deductions?

The IRS mileage rate can produce misleading results. Often the new person in business wrongfully thinks that the IRS standard mileage rate overcomes the need for a mileage log. This article contains a magic calculator and gives you the ins and outs of what you need to know to ensure that you are picking the best after-tax cash result for your business vehicle.

How the IRS and Courts Have Approved the Two-Car Tax-Deduction Strategy

When the two-car tax-deduction strategy works for you, you find new deductions without spending a penny or driving a mile farther. In this article, you find that both the IRS and the courts approve of your two-car tax deductions.

Customer Properly Rejects Year-End Prepaid Expenses Strategy

To find the cash value of tax deductions generated by prepaid expenses, you need to consider the time value of money. Focusing on just the compound value of the tax benefits is a mistake.

Tax Refund When Paying the “Nanny Tax”

Learn how you can qualify for a tax refund when you pay the “nanny tax” on the wages that you pay your nanny. For the most part, you want to qualify for the child and dependent care credit because the dependent care assistance program discriminates against the one-owner or husband-and-wife-owned business.


[ View / Print full text of all articles in this issue ]