Article Date:
September 2011

Word Count:



The One Best Way to Claim a Home-Office Tax Deduction for the Owner of a Corporation

When you operate your business as a corporation, knowledge is critical to claiming the best tax deduction for an office in the home.


Technically, the owner of a corporation can claim tax deductions for a home office in one of three ways, two of which are pitiful and need rejection.


Reject 1. Rent Office to the Corporation


Whether you operate as an S corporation or a C corporation, you get minor, zero, or negative benefit when you rent an office in the home to your corporation.


IRC Section 280A(c)(6) disallows tax deductions for the home office on rentals by employees to their employers.1 Thus, owner-employees do not achieve home-office deductions on the rental of an office in the home to their corporations.


S Corporation Example


Henry Jackson rents his home office to ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee