Article Date:
October 2019

Word Count:



Q&A: Spousal Business and 199A Deduction



I’m a doctor, and I operate my medical practice as an S corporation. I’m the sole shareholder.


My wife owns an advertising firm that she operates as an S corporation. She’s the sole shareholder. My medical practice is one of her clients, but it is only about 5 percent of her revenue.


Our 2018 taxable income is $450,000. I don’t think I get a Section 199A deduction, but can my wife? Or does my business taint hers? ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article
Already a subscriber?
Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee