Article Date:
April 2017

Word Count:



Tax-Free Income from Rental of Home to C or S Corporation



My CPA tells me that IRC Section 280A allows me to rent my entire home to my S corporation for 14 days or less during the year and get big tax deductions.


In the example, he explained that I could charge my S corporation $1,500 for each day of use. This rate equals what I would have to pay to rent a home that’s pretty much like mine. Say I rent the home for 14 days. That gives the S corporation a $21,000 tax deduction for the year.


He next explained that on the personal side of the ledger I don’t get any tax deductions for the rental of the house, and I also don’t include the rental income on my personal tax return.


Because I operate as an S corporation, this strategy creates a net $21,000 tax deduction when passed through to me.


This seems almost too good to be true.


What is your opinion? ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee