Article Date:
April 2007

Word Count:



Reimburse S Corporation Owner for Section 179 Deduction

I bought a used SUV. My business cost is $23,000 based on my mileage log. I own the SUV personally and I want the corporation to claim section 179 expensing on it. How do I make this work since I, as an individual owning the vehicle, am a different taxable entity from my corporation? (D.M., Latham, NY)


IRS regulation 1.62-2(d)(1) authorizes your corporation to reimburse you for your employee expenses. The regulation identifies expenses appropriate for reimbursement ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee