Article Date:
November 2007

Word Count:



Joint Venture Taxed as Partnership

My friend and I work together. We earn commissions in our separate names and split them. We also share 50-50 the cost of office space, marketing programs, and all other expenses. We have been reporting our separate amounts on our personal Schedule Cs. Is this correct? (C.D., Danvers, Mass.)


No. You and your friend are a partnership for tax purposes, and your income and expenses should be reported on a partnership return.1 The tax rules on partnerships ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article
Already a subscriber?
Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee