Article Date:
March 2019

Word Count:



Q&A: Is a Triple Net Lease to a C Corporation QBI?



I have my dental practice in a C corporation.


My wife owns the commercial building that she leases to me and from which I run my dental practice. My corporation pays all expenses as well as handling maintenance and other issues.


Does my wife’s rental income on our joint 1040 qualify as qualified business income (QBI) for the new Section 199A tax deduction?




No. As we explain below, your wife’s rental income won’t qualify for the Section 199A deduction under the final regulations. To obtain the 199 benefits, you and your wife need to do some tax planning. ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee