Article Date:
July 2006

Word Count:



Filing Returns for Past Years

I need to file returns for the past several years. I have misplaced and lost many of the records. Is there a good way to recreate business expenses for prior tax years? (E.T.N., Burbank, CA)


No. You are in deep trouble. First, the law requires documentation on a timely basis for a certain group of expenses. This group includes1





entertainment, and



If you have to recreate the records for this group, you will obviously violate the timely rule—putting these ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee