Article Date:
December 2018

Word Count:



Q&A: Deduction for Defunct S Corporation Expenses?



I officially closed my S corporation with the state in 2016.


I’ve had unexpected expenses from the defunct S corporation in 2017 and 2018 that I’ve paid personally as the S corporation’s president and sole shareholder.


Where can I deduct those expenses? Do I file Form 1120S for tax years 2017 and 2018? I marked the 2016 return as “final.” ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article
Already a subscriber?
Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee