Article Date:
December 2007

Word Count:



Bad Year Deductions

I am a real estate agent having a bad year. No surprise. I am going to have more real estate business expenses than I have real estate income. How do I write off these business losses against my husband’s income? (A.K., Walnut Creek, CA)


Good news! The tax return does this for you automatically. You put your income and expenses on Schedule C. The bottom line of Schedule C rolls forward to the front of your 1040, ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee