Article Date:
April 2021

Word Count:



ARPA Ends Dreaded Cliff for Health Insurance Premium Tax Credit

If you are self-employed or operate as a corporation, and you can’t get individual health insurance coverage through your spouse (or through Medicare), you can always obtain it through the premium tax credit (PTC) which comes from the Affordable Care Act.


You simply go to the health insurance marketplace (federal, or state if available) during the open enrollment period and apply. You can’t be turned down.




But there’s a catch. Premium tax credit coverage can be expensive, especially for older people. The cost depends on your age, your family size, and where you live.


For example, a family of five could have to pay over $40,000 per year for PTC midlevel ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee