Article Date:
December 2010

Word Count:



1040X, 1120X Amended Tax Return for Section 179 Expensing

Did you expense too much? Expense too little?


Good news: You can change the too-much expensing and/or the too-little expensing.


In fact, you can claim Section 179 expensing when you took nothing in the first year.


This article gives you the ins and outs of when you can file a 1040X or 1120X to change your Section 179 expensing.


The New 1040X, 1120X Amended Return Rule


Before 2003, you set your Section 179 expense deduction in stone when you filed or amended your tax return ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee