Article Date:
February 2006

Word Count:



1031 Exchange

I am a licensed real estate broker and plan to sell my existing rental property without taking a commission so I can do a 1031 exchange. Will this be okay? (M.J.A., Fayetteville, NC)


No! You need to reshape your tactics. Your commission is not the issue.


Before listing this rental for sale, engage a real estate exchange intermediary. The 1031 exchange treatment you want on this rental requires an intermediary. You can find intermediaries in the Yellow ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee