Article Date:
September 2019

Word Count:



Federal Tax Deductions for Section 127 Education of Grandchild



My question concerns the Section 127 educational assistance plan that you discussed in Business Tax Deductions with Section 127 Plan for Child’s College.


If my employee is my grandchild who is under the age of 21, can he or she receive full educational benefits under the Section 127 plan?


I should add that this grandchild is not my dependent but my son’s dependent and that my son is not in my business. Also, I own 100 percent of my business.




Yes! Your ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee