Article Date:
July 2010

Word Count:



Reimburse Corporate Owner-Employee for Depreciation



I have your tax course.


Before purchasing your tax course, I bought a business SUV and then incorporated.


Your tax course says that my corporation can reimburse me for actual expenses on the SUV, including the Section 179 deduction and five-year MACRS depreciation.


My CPA says that I may not reimburse Section 179 or depreciation. Who’s right? (J.D.S., Springfield, Mass.)




Nice setup: Thanks! Guess who’s right? Your course, of course, and here are the facts.



IRS Reg. Section 1.62-2(d)(1) allows as ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article

Already a subscriber?

Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee