Search Help

Enter one of more keywords to search. Use quotes for “exact phrase.” Note that '*' and '?' wildcards are supported.

When your search results appear, you can refine your search further: Sort for only results in which all search terms appear AND/OR sort by chronological order.

Article Date:
September 2011

Word Count:



Tax Refund When Paying the “Nanny Tax”

Tax law gives you two possible ways to qualify for a tax refund when you pay a nanny:



the credit for child and dependent care expenses (often called the “child care credit”), and


the exclusion from gross income for dependent care assistance.


As you know from last month’s article titled “Nanny Tax Compliance Avoids Payroll Tax Problems,” the nanny tax is nothing more than payroll taxes. Since you have to pay the payroll tax, this article gives you the other side that can ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article
Already a subscriber?
Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee