Search Help

Enter one of more keywords to search. Use quotes for “exact phrase.” Note that '*' and '?' wildcards are supported.

When your search results appear, you can refine your search further: Sort for only results in which all search terms appear AND/OR sort by chronological order.

Article Date:
March 2013

Word Count:



Tax-Free Rental of Home to S Corporation



My CPA tells me that according to IRC Section 280A I can rent my entire home to my S corporation for 14 days or less during the year and get big tax deductions.


In the example, he explained that I could charge my S corporation $1,500 for each day of use. This rate equals what I would have to pay for a local hotel room. Say I rent the home for 14 days. That gives the S corporation a $21,000 tax deduction for the year.


He next explained that on the personal side of the ledger I don’t get any tax deductions for the rental of the house and I also don’t include the rental income on my personal tax return.


Because I operate as an S corporation, this strategy creates a net $21,000 tax deduction ... Log in to view full article.

Already a subscriber?
Email Address

You’ll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter
Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee

Powered by Cranium Softworks - CMS, Subscription Mgmt & Web Development