Search Help

Enter one of more keywords to search. Use quotes for “exact phrase.” Note that '*' and '?' wildcards are supported.

When your search results appear, you can refine your search further: Sort for only results in which all search terms appear AND/OR sort by chronological order.

Article Date:
October 2011

Word Count:



Create Both Tax-Free Income for Mom and Dad and Business Travel Deductions for You

Are you looking for more tax deductions?


Could you take a business travel trip to a city where your mom and dad live?


If so, consider the following:



You could pay rent for staying at their home.


You could deduct as a business travel expense the business part of the rent you pay.


Mom and Dad could collect the rent tax-free.


To make this work, you need to



document your business travel,


consider the 1099-MISC rules, and


know when rental income is tax-free income.


This article guides ... Log in to view full article.

Already a subscriber?
Email Address

You’ll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter
Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee

Powered by Cranium Softworks - CMS, Subscription Mgmt & Web Development