Search Help


Enter one of more keywords to search. Use quotes for “exact phrase.” Note that '*' and '?' wildcards are supported.

When your search results appear, you can refine your search further: Sort for only results in which all search terms appear AND/OR sort by chronological order.

Article Date:
August 2014


Word Count:
427

 

 

Tax Deductions for Failed Business


Question

 

I had a bad year in 2013. I started an antique business in February and shut it down in November.

 

At start-up, I rented space in a strip mall and stocked my space with what you might call stuff from Goodwill and the Salvation Army, where I purchased about 75 percent of my inventory. The other 25 percent of the inventory came from other antique dealers and yard sales within a 30-mile radius of the business.

 

Can I deduct what I ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article
Already a subscriber?
 
Email Address

 
Password

Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
 
with a money-back guarantee



 

SS