Search Help

Enter one of more keywords to search. Use quotes for “exact phrase.” Note that '*' and '?' wildcards are supported.

When your search results appear, you can refine your search further: Sort for only results in which all search terms appear AND/OR sort by chronological order.

Article Date:
February 2008

Word Count:



Son Pays the Mortgage Interest

I need to refinance my primary residence, but I need my son’s income and credit to refinance. According to the mortgage lender, to get a good interest rate, I need to be the owner occupant who receives the 1098. I don’t need the mortgage deduction. I can’t even afford the house without my son’s help. What can we do to get the mortgage deduction to my son? (R.L., )


This has a number of possibilities. Here are ... Log in to view full article.

Log in to view full article
Already a subscriber?
Email Address


Log In Send me my password

You'll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter

Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee