Search Help

Enter one of more keywords to search. Use quotes for “exact phrase.” Note that '*' and '?' wildcards are supported.

When your search results appear, you can refine your search further: Sort for only results in which all search terms appear AND/OR sort by chronological order.

Article Date:
April 2007

Word Count:



Avoiding Recapture of Social Security

Can an accountant operate as a C corporation and draw a small W-2 to avoid recapture of Social Security income? (D.M., Hickory, NC)


This would be a mistake. Your accountancy C corporation is taxed as a personal-service corporation, meaning that all income of this C corporation is taxed at the maximum corporate tax rate of 35%.1 This tax destroys the C corporation strategy of leaving money in the corporation to avoid Social Security recapture.


Because tax law ... Log in to view full article.

Already a subscriber?
Email Address

You’ll be able to read the full article and get instant access to the last few issues of the Tax Reduction Letter
Not yet a subscriber?
with a money-back guarantee

Powered by Cranium Softworks - CMS, Subscription Mgmt & Web Development